Chain of Custody
To ensure confidentiality of your data, ShredX provides you with bins and consoles that remain locked at your facility and can only be opened by our security specialists or your designated staff member. We also have a strict chain-of-custody for both on-site and off-site services, which is stringently followed for each and every transaction.
- For Consoles: Our security specialist comes to your site and unlocks your console, emptying the bag into one of our locked, rolling containers.
- The materials are then secured with a lock and rolled out to the truck.
- For Bins: The locked container is rolled out to the truck.
- Once the container is at the truck, it is unlocked and loaded onto the tipper.
- The tipper raises the bin inside the truck and dumps the materials into the shredder.
- At no point does our security specialist have to physically move the papers into the shredder.
- Our security specialist comes to your site and unlocks your console, empyting the bag into one of our locked, rolling containers. If you have a locked shredding bin instead of a console, our security specialist picks up the locked bin.
- The locked bin is then loaded onto one of our off-site trucks and the truck itself is then locked.
- The bins are brought back to our facility where they are kept secure until they are ready to be destroyed within 24 hours of receiving the materials.
- When the materials are ready to be destroyed, the bins are unlocked by a bonded supervisor and loaded immediately into the shredder.
- From the moment the consoles are emptied, the bins are kept securely locked at all times.